Thursday, May 07, 2009

Updates on Small Things, and Poetry

Some updates: During the last few weeks, I feel like I have found out who my real friends are, and I am extremely glad. I have rooted out the "weeds", of which there were only a few, and had some conversations which proved to me what I knew in the pit of my stomach-- some people that I want(ed) to be friends with are really just too big of idiots. I'm not making a fiasco out of it or anything, but I am definitely changing things. I still have one conversation to have to tonight before I am done with my weeding process.

Junior Olympics: I might be going to the JOs. My coach will be sending me and email with fundraiser information soon. We'll really have to wait and see.

I wrote another poem (2 days ago), that I am just now getting around to posting up. Please read the author's comments, as I do not want anyone thinking that my home life if that terrible, or that I am seeing a shrink. I embellished quite a bit, as well as the fact that I enjoy writing from a point of view other than my own (that of a patient with similarities to me, in this case).

Today, I had one of the most elevating and humbling experiences in my life. A person, who will remain unnamed, whose opinion and respect I value extremely so, gave me a backhanded compliment like I have never had before. I now know what it feels like to be on top of the world, and to feel like shit at the same time. Next year I'm getting a 4.0, just so I can be congratulated by said person.

Anyway, this entry turned weird. Back to normal happenings.

We ate at El Toro on Cinco de Mayo, and it was extremely good. I am going to heat up my leftover enchilada right after this entry. I'm glad it was good, as we need a Mexican restaurant to go to (our old favorite, El Jimidor, closed), and we've previously had bad experiences at El Toro, but now we might start going again.

I had my student-led conference last night, and it went surprisingly well. My adviser seemed impressed that I had won second place in the science fair and that I had done several sports and clubs. Senior year is the only time that sudent-led conferences count, though.

I'm helping out the girls at their water polo practices in the morning again (I took a short break-- I couldn't get up early enough). They have about a week until state, so I'll try to make every practice until then so that our varsity girls can do well. They are looking to take second or third place, depending on the bracket they are in (If they are against Curtis before the championship game, they'll get third), and how they do against Gig Harbor (their record against them is 1-1). Go Rams!

No comments: