Sunday, May 17, 2009

Free Money, Star Trek

Something awesome happened to me today. After slaving away at our yard for about three and a half hours total for $25, I was (forcedly) cleaning my room, and, as a result, the massive pile of a combination of junk that I want to keep and general garbage that slowly accumulates underneath my bed. I found my old wallet, which has been missing for several weeks, and, with it, about $50. Now, I know what you are thinking: "Jeez, Dutty, didn't you think to check underneath your bed when you initially lost the wallet?". The answer is, yes, yes I did. Not only did I just check underneath the bed, but I thoroughly checked underneath the bed several times. I have absolutely no idea how I could have missed it. Oh, wait, that's right: it was underneath the massive pile of garbage that I cleaned out.

I also just got back from the new Star Trek movie. It was very good, and matched up very nicely with the Star Trek series. as far as I could tell. Besides, even if it didn't, that could be explained by pointing out that, because of the time travel, it could all be an alternate timeline anyway. I was expecting it to be okay, but was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I used to watch Star Trek all of the time before school on TV Land. I believe I still have some DVDs laying around from my days of watching it a lot. The movie had some very funny moments, as well. I'd recommend watching it if anyone really cares to read this.

It was a pleasure seeing Nimoy portray old-Spock. :)

No comments: