Monday, September 14, 2009

Summer Job, Back-To-School and Water Polo

It has been a long time since I last posted a quality entry on this blog-- something that is neither a blurb nor a rant. Tonight is the night, three and a half readers! So get ready to hear just about everything that's new with me.

I'll start kind-of where I left off-- the end of last school year. School let out, and my grades were certainly lower than I would have hoped. Oh well, I'm not worrying about that. I'm focused on this semester now. A week into summer, my job working for my uncle began. I have to say, it was the best thing I did all summer. My job was to lift the kids onto the ponies, get them talkative and smiling for the pictures, and put the cowboy outfit on them. It sounds silly, but it was a lot of fun, and I am extremely glad that I did. I saved and spent a few hundred dollars in paychecks, the savings to go towards my car (hopefully I will have one by the end of this school year) and driver's ed (which I will be starting as soon as water polo season is over-- more on water polo below). My uncle said that if the position is there, I could work for him next summer; it depends on whether or not the preschools and daycares continue to drop in attendance numbers (gee, thanks, economy). It's not all bad, though, as I turn sixteen in a month and a half, and I plan to apply for jobs the day after my birthday... or maybe two days after. I don't imagine I'll get a lot of sleep on my birthday, seeing as it's on a Saturday.

So that's what the large majority of my summer consisted of-- working. I hung out with Cole, Daniel, and Jill quite a bit (separately, most of the time :P). I dropped Puget Sound Polo (just for the summer!) so that I could work more. Because of that, I did not go to the Junior Olympics, which I'm still getting over. The school season started up fairly soon, however, so I wasn't without water polo for too long. This year I'm playing swing (a combination of varsity and junior-varsity) for Wilson, primarily as a wholeset. We are off to a great start this year, winning our pre-season jamboree, and every game so far. At the jamboree (which was only games of two quarters), we beat Lakes 11-0, we beat Puyallup 8-0, we beat Curtis 8-4, and we beat one of the Auburn schools 9ish to 4ish. I'm not sure about the score of the last game, as nothing really mattered after we beat Curtis (our rivals in water polo and the school that took first at state last year). As far as regular games go we are 2-0 having beat Rogers and Emerald Ridge, both decisively. At the Emerald Ridge game I had a couple of varsity assists and in the junior varsity game I had 8 goals and 4 assists (it was a 2-quarters game and we beat them 14-0). Enough with the water polo, though. I imagine reading scores is boring.

The only other thing that is really new is the school year. I'm a sophomore now. Here is a rundown of my schedule: 1st- Honors Biology, 2nd- Honors English, 3rd- Spanish 3, 4th- Honors World Cultures, 5th- Pre-Calculus, 6th- Health 2. As far as I can tell, my schedule is alright. I think that I'll like my Biology class and the teacher, and the same goes for English. Spanish looks like it is going to be my boring class each day. The teacher is not as enthusiastic as Senora Tabares (too lazy to do the enyay~) was, but I think I'll be fine in his class. My World Cultures teacher seems AWESOME, and I also think he'll actually teach. It's a delicate balance, finding a teacher who is cool and actually teaches. I have the same math teacher for Pre-Calc as I did for Algebra 4, so I know what to expect. He is a good teacher and a nice guy but you have to work hard in his class. As far as Health, I expect it to be an easy class, albeit one with a medium workload.

Well, that's all I've got for the moment. A few things I'm planning on doing are posting more often, and posting reviews of music, books, etc. I've got several lined up to do, but we all know how long it takes me to post something up. See you anywhere from later tonight to a month or four from now.

No comments: