Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The Working Class

I'm a part of it! In June, that is.

So, here's the skinny. My Uncle (Tom) owns a business called Farmland Foto, and basically, he goes all over Western Washington, and takes pictures of kids on ponies with cute little cowboy hats. Don't laugh, because he lives pretty comfortably, and only works for a few months each year. My oldest brother, Ruel, has, in the past, worked under the table for him, and it's my year now.

If I do what Ruel did, my tasks are (A) scooping horse shit, and (B) lifting kids onto ponies. My brother got paid $.50/kid, and I think Tom said that I could be paid $.75/kid. So since he only does fairly large sized daycares, that's about $40/day or more, and I'd be back home by early afternoon at the latest. I'd be doing this about 3 days a week, maybe 2 or 4, depending on how many daycares he is doing on this side of the bridge.

So yeah, I'm really excited. I also might be getting a job at the Metropolitan Market. We'll have to see.

2 comments:

danny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
danny said...

Holy crap, it's Dutty! I didn't know you were here! *quietly adds your blog to the blogroll*

Good luck with the job. My mom's still really overprotective so I just have to do with fixing broken stuff for now. :\