Monday, April 27, 2009

The Junior Olympics... Maybe

Well, my four devoted readers, I have some great news, that I know two of you already know (No, I don't know the point of posting this either...)! There is a chance that I will be attending the Junior Olympics of water polo this summer, to play on Puget Sound Polo's 16-and-under team (I'm 15 :D)!

Nothing is final, yet, however, so that's why I put "... Maybe" in that nifty little title ^up there^. The problem is, the trip will cost several hundred dollars (it's a 5-night or 5-day trip-- I don't remember), and we aren't sure if I'll be able to pay. My father recently had a lot hospital work done on him (he had multiple stints put in), and I have a brother in college, so the money isn't exactly flowing into our house right now. I believe my coach mentioned fund raising, which will take down the cost, and I'm working for my uncle this summer, and can put some money aside, so I think I'll be able to do it :).

Now, I know what you're asking-- you're asking, "Dutty, why don't you just wait and go next year, or the year after that?" Well, my answer is that, even though I am 15, and most of the kids on team are 16, it is the last year I can play in the 16-and-under bracket, because I was born in 1993. Don't ask me why, but in water polo tournaments, your age group is determined by the year you were born in, and not your actual age.

I don't get it either.

Oh well, though. Let's just hope I can save up enough money that my parents are able and willing to pay the rest, and I'll be in San Jose this summer :D!!

No comments: